ACER-CART Priorities 2022-23
ACER-CART will, in collaboration with like-minded organizations,
- Advocate for the development and implementation of National Seniors Strategy.
- Monitor the federal government’s implementation of a national universal pharmacare program, including the establishment of a Canada Drug Agency and implementation of a national formulary.
- Monitor the Canada Health Act and the bilateral health funding agreements with the provinces and territories.
- Advocate for a health care system that prioritizes care in seniors’ own homes for as long as possible
- Advocate for regulations governing Retirement and Long-Term Care Homes with emphasis on improving patient respect, working conditions, training and staff wages.
ACER-CART will advocate for the protection of all retiree pensions, with emphasis on the preservation and enhancement of defined benefit pension plans.
ACER-CART will seek to continue elevating the profile of our National Association in our provincial associations and at all levels of government and beyond.