ACER-CART will, in collaboration with like-minded organizations,
- Advocate for the development and implementation of National Seniors Strategy including using the information from “A Declaration Concerning a National Health Care Strategy for Seniors.”
- Monitor the federal government’s implementation of a national universal pharmacare, including the establishment of a Canada Drug Agency and implementation of a national formulary.
- Monitor the effects of COVID-19 on the Canada Health Act and on the Bilateral Health funding agreements with the provinces and territories.
- Advocate for a health care system that prioritizes care in seniors’ own homes for as long as possible.
- Advocate for regulations governing Retirement and Long-Term Care Homes with emphasis on improving patient respect, working conditions, staff training and staff wages.
ACER-CART will monitor the impacts of the global pandemic on defined benefit pension plan assets and liabilities which could affect solvency funding obligations.
ACER-CART will seek to continue elevating the profile of our National Association in our provincial associations and at all levels of government and beyond.
ACER-CART will seek to extend our relationships with the Canadian Teachers’ Federation.