The active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life…a state of complete physical, mental, social and financial well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
The following links lead in that direction.
- National Seniors Strategy – A project of the Canadian Medical Association, supported by ACER-CART. Add your voice to the call for a National Seniors Strategy. By doing so, you will be part of the movement that will help bring about the change we need.
- CanAge – Canada’s National Seniors’ Advocacy Organization, a trusted voice of Canadian Seniors.
- McMaster Optimal Aging Portal – designed to make the best scientific evidence on how we can manage our health conditions and stay healthy, active and engaged as we grow older, easily accessible and understandable to a broad range of citizens. The Portal draws content from three best-in-class one-stop shops.
- Canadian Centre for Activity and Aging – CCAA is Canada’s leader in current research and program development for improved physical ability and healthy aging for older adults. It is a not-for-profit national research and education centre within the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Western Ontario.
- Health Canada – Addresses health topics including cancer, hepatitis, natural health products, STDs, smoking, and food and nutrition.
- Wellness Guide on Diabetes – essential resource on what diabetes is and how to mitigate the risk of it being a personal health concern in the future.
- Women’s Health Matters – Evidence-based and updated information on women’s health and news, and research findings on women’s diseases and lifestyle trends.
- Medscape – This site has a listing of speciality sites and the latest medical news.
- Canadian Health Care Coalition – The Canadian Health Coalition is a public advocacy organization dedicated to the preservation and improvement of Medicare. Its membership is comprised of national organizations representing nurses, health care workers, seniors, churches, anti-poverty groups, women, students and trade unions in 9 provinces and one territory.
- Early Symptoms of Dementia
- Canadian Deprescribing Network – Dedicated to raising awareness of medication safety, deprescribing and safer alternatives to risky medications. Do I Still Need this medication?
- Canadian Network for Prevention of Elder Abuse
- Alzheimer Society of Canada
- The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association
- Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI)
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canadian Seniors Dictionary
- My Sleep Well
- Elder abuse awareness
- Heart and Stroke
Lifestyles for Seniors
- Seniors Canada On-Line – is a web site sponsored by the Canadian government.
- Thinking About Aging in Place – Plan for the future today to help you live the life you want tomorrow
- Statistics Canada – has data and analyses on virtually every aspect of Canada’s society and economy.
- CRA/ARC – A Canadian government site that provides useful information about pension splitting.
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada – The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) is an independent body working to protect and inform consumers of financial products and services.
- Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre – The central agency in Canada that collects information and criminal intelligence on mass marketing fraud (telemarketing), advance fee fraud letters (e.g. West African), internet fraud and I.D theft complaints.
- Prevention from Frauds and Scams
- How to report fraud