ACER-CART will continue elevating the profile of our National Association in our provincial associations and at all levels of government and beyond.
ACER-CART will, in collaboration with like-minded organizations,
- Advocate for the development and implementation of the National Senior’s Strategy.
- Advocate for the federal government’s implementation of a national universal Pharmacare program, including the establishment of a Canada Drug Agency and implementation of a national formulary.
- Advocate for a public health care system that prioritizes care in seniors’ own homes for as long as possible.
- Advocate for public health care to combat the move towards privatization.
- Advocate for regulations governing Retirement and Long-Term Care Homes with an emphasis on improving patient respect, working conditions, training, and staff wages.
- Support members in their efforts to achieve the full cost of living pension adjustments; and
- Complete the strategic plan.
ACER-CART will advocate for the protection of all retiree pensions, with emphasis on the preservation and enhancement of defined benefit pension plans.