ACER-CART is the national voice of the retired educational community.
L’Association canadienne des enseignantes et des enseignants retraités – Canadian Association of Retired Teachers (ACER-CART) is a bilingual association of Members representing over 167,000 affiliated members located in all regions of Canada.
- ACER-CARTwill be recognized by teachers, active and retired and member organizations, as a foremost organization from which sound advice can be obtained on issues related to retirement income, health and education of children. And to this end,
- ACER-CARTwill actively support other national and international organizations, including federal government agencies, whose objectives with respect to seniors and the welfare of children are consistent with those of ACER-CART. Furthermore,
- ACER-CARTwill look to other national and international organizations in achieving its own objectives and will communicate internally and externally on behalf of ACER-CART Members.
The Objectives of the Association are to:
- Facilitate and promote liaison and mutual assistance among its member organizations;
- Promote the interests of its member organizations;
- Develop strategies for joint action on matters of common concern to member organizations;
- Cooperate with other organizations on matters of common concern;
- Promote and support public education.