ACER-CART Priorities 2019-20
- ACER-CART will, in collaboration with like-minded organizations as appropriate,
- monitor the federal government’s implementation of a universal, public, comprehensive, accessible and portable Pharmacare program,
- closely monitor the 10-year bilateral health funding agreements with the provinces and territories,
- oppose privatization of health-care services by monitoring the federal government’s support of the provisions of the Canada Health Act to ensure that Canadians receive universal accessibility of medical care without extra charges.
- ACER-CART will monitor and continue to collaborate with like-minded organizations to oppose any federal legislation that would lead to the demise of defined benefit pension plans.
- ACER-CART will collaborate with like-minded organizations encourage the development and the implementation a National Seniors Strategy.
- ACER-CART will seek to elevate the profile and the value of a national Association in our provincial associations.
- ACER-CART will seek to extend our relationships with CTF-FCE.