ACER-CART has been in existence since 1991.
- It has 13 provincial and territorial association members, representing over 146,000 retired teachers across Canada.
- It operates in the interests of its members, facilitating liaison and mutual assistance among them, and promoting and supporting public education.
- It serves its members as a voice on the national scene.
- It maintains good relations with other seniors’ organizations on matters of common concern.
- RETIRED TEACHERS ASSOCIATION OF NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR (RTANL)
- PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND RETIRED TEACHERS’ ASSOCIATION (PEIRTA)
- RETIRED TEACHERS ORGANIZATION OF THE NOVA SCOTIA TEACHERS’ UNION (RTO-NSTU)
- SOCIÉTÉ DES ENSEIGNANTES ET ENSEIGNANTS RETRAITÉS DU NOUVEAU-BRUNSWICK (SERFNB)
- NEW BRUNSWICK SOCIETY OF RETIRED TEACHERS (NBSRT)
- QUEBEC ASSOCIATION OF RETIRED TEACHERS (QART)
- QUEBEC PROVINCIAL ASSOCIATION OF RETIRED SCHOOL EDUCATORS (QPARSE)
- THE RETIRED TEACHERS OF ONTARIO (RTO/ERO)
- RETIRED TEACHERS ASSOCIATION OF MANITOBA (RTAM)
- SUPERANNUATED TEACHERS OF SASKATCHEWAN (STS)
- ALBERTA RETIRED TEACHERS ASSOCIATION (ARTA)
- BRITISH COLUMBIA RETIRED TEACHERS ASSOCIATION (BCRTA)
- YUKON RETIRED TEACHERS ALUMNI (YRTA)