C-12 Political Advocacy
- ACER-CART may request Retired Teacher Associations to consider promoting national issues consistent with ACER-CART policy.
- ACER-CART has a responsibility to initiate and promote political advocacy at the direction of its member associations in support of national policies and practices.
- ACER-CART shall maintain its independence of any political party.
- Prior to any national election, ACER-CART shall endeavor to make its members aware of the relevant policies of the political parties.
- With the approval of the originating member association, position papers and background documents which have been developed on issues of interest to ACERCART may be utilized.